This recipe is for one, because I was playing around with it and needed to test it on only one victim at a time.
You have to make this deliciousness ASAP. I won’t even have an introduction, just go! Go!
Fried egg on mixed greens with red wine vinaigrette, blue cheese and baconServing: 1
- 1-2 teaspoon red wine
- 1-2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 strips bacon, cut
- 1-2 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 handful mixed greens
- 1 teaspoon blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed pecans
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut up your bacon and fry it on med-high heat. While that’s cooking, whisk the: red wine, white vinegar, Dijon mustard, and extra virgin olive oil together. Taste test and adjust proportions as necessary. Season with salt and pepper and get back to your bacon!
- Take the crispy bacon out of the pan and place it on a small bowl. Keep the oil.
- In the oil, over low heat, caramelize the onions. Once they turn golden, crack an egg on top. Cover the pan and leave it until the egg whites are cooked (you want the yolk to be runny! It mixes deliciously with he vinaigrette).
- Put your greens into a bowl and top with pecans and blue cheese. Crumble bacon on top.
- When the egg is done, put in top of the salad, season, and pour the vinaigrette on top!