How is everyone doing today?
First of all, I would like to ask if you ever had seafood in your scrambled eggs? No? Me neither. That is, until I tried shrimp and smoked salmon scrambled eggs at a restaurant and was blown away! I really enjoy smoked salmon, especially with feta and spinach, and I wanted to recreate the meal I had at the restaurant – with feta! this is a good quick to-go meal that stocks you up on lots of vitamins and healthy fats!
So, here we go!
First, chop up some feta, smoked salmon, and onions (not pictured!). The proportions are all up to you, but a good baseline would be to start at ~1 tablespoon each. (I use 1 1/2 tablespoon of feta!)
I cracked two eggs in a small dish and scrambled them together. If you decide to season here, make sure to note that the feta is pretty salty itself, so compensate by putting less salt in the eggs. You can add a splash of milk here (2 teaspoons) to make the eggs fluffier.
Start the pan off at medium high heat and put in olive oil. When it’s hot enough that when you add a piece of onion the oil sizzles, add all of the onions. Cook for about a minute at this temperature before turning it down to low. At this point, the onions are caramelizing and you should leave them be for ~10 minutes.
After ~10 minutes, add in the eggs. Take a wooden spatula and start mixing up the eggs. You should be continuously churning the eggs to get it to be scrambled! Do this at low heat throughout. Here is a great video that explains this process thoroughly.
When the eggs start firming up, add in the smoked salmon. Mix the salmon in, and then add in 2/3rds of the feta (save the rest to sprinkle on top). Continue mixing until the eggs are cooked and then plate it! Season with: pepper, salt, and paprika to taste (and cayenne pepper if you want a kick).
Smoked salmon & feta scrambled eggsServing: 1
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon chopped feta
- 2 eggs, whisked
- salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne
- Heat a pan at medium-high heat and add olive oil. Wait until the pan is hot before adding onions.
- Cook the onions for ~1 minute before turning down the heat to low (make sure you still hear sizzling!) to caramelize them for about ~10 minutes.
- Keeping the heat at low, add in whisked eggs.
- Take a wooden spoon or spatula and start mixing the eggs.
- About 2 minutes in, add the smoked salmon.
- Keep cooking and scrambling the eggs.
- Another minute in, add 2/3rds of the feta.
- Cook until the eggs are cooked and the feta melted.
- Plate it, season and sprinkle the remaining feta on top.